Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Towcester
Type: Independent Mixed Practice
Location: In the Towcester area of Northamptonshire
About the Practice and Culture: They are a friendly team with a family ethic. They care for one another and for patients and clients. They are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Their values of compassion and professionalism imbue all aspects of everyday working life. They also aspire to be a practice with green values and endeavour to be as environmentally friendly as possible
Team: Their fantastic team is currently made up of 3 vets, 4 nurses, 3 Receptionists, a practice manager, and a practice Housekeeper.
Role: Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their clinic.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Assisting with Anaesthetics and theatre care;
- Hospital care;
- Preparation room duties;
- Dispensary tasks;
- Record Keeping;
- Lab work, including worm egg counts;
- Reception support.
- They are happy to hear from both full and part-time applicants as they are open to accommodating those looking for a more flexible work-life balance.
- The standard full-time rota is working a 40-hour week, over 5 days plus 1 in 4 Saturdays mornings with time given back in lieu or paid overtime. But 40 hours over 4 days would also be acceptable.
- Part-time applicants must also be available to work the Saturday rota.
- There is no out-of-hours working.
- They provide paid lunch times and a tax-free laundry allowance for every full day worked in practice.
- Mileage is also paid for attending CPD away from the practice.
- Experience in Small Animal practice;
- RCVS registered;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work well in a team, being both hard-working and reliable;
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service;
- Determination to provide the best possible care for the animals and clients who walk through our doors.
Salary: The salary for the role is from £27,000 to £30,000 depending on experience, pro rata for part-time.
Package: They recognise that people are fundamental to the success of the business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Carers Leave
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- £300 CPD allowance with 2 days paid pro rata;
- Regular Lunch and Learn’s;
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- BVNA Membership
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Tax-Free Laundry Allowance for Every day worked in Practice;
- Paid lunch times for every full day worked in practice.
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -062023-28922
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details