Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Waltham Forest
Type: Small Animal
Location: Waltham Forest
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a growing, thriving company in a state-of-the-art, fully equipped, spacious, purpose-built clinic where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills with the benefit of an interesting and diverse case-load, the support of a fantastic, forward-thinking team while working for a company with strong values.
Practice: They truly care about all their team members and the people and pets they look after and want to give more people access to high-quality veterinary care by being affordable and convenient for customers, whilst not compromising on veterinary standards. They have all the latest equipment, with a digital x-ray, ultrasound, in-house laboratory, and much more.
Role: They are looking for a qualified Veterinary Nurse
Hours: Your standard working hours will be a 4-day working week plus 1:4 weekends, with no OOH
Branch work: No
Candidate: In order to be successful in this exciting post, you will be able to demonstrate experience working as an RVN and have a passion for delivering top-class veterinary care.
About the role: They believe in allowing their nurses to be nurses – therefore, you will provide first-class care and clinical excellence to patients and exceptional, unrivaled, 5-star service to clients. Registered Veterinary Nurses will assist the JVP(s) and Veterinary Surgeons(s) in the day-to-day clinical duties and organization of the practice with an emphasis on providing a warm, memorable, and personal client experience.
In order to deliver that exceptional service, your duties will include:
- Administer first-class nursing care – monitoring the progress of the patient and being able to prioritise first aid actions to stabilise and prevent further discomfort.
- Ensure exemplary standards of patient care – prepare and clean patient accommodation in accordance with the needs of the patient and local policy, making sure the patient is safe, secure and clean, monitoring and recording of the patient’s condition.
- Expert knowledge – Offer clear and concise advice about pet care plans, assistance and support clients when caring for their pets.
- Diagnostics – assist the vet surgeon in laboratory diagnostic testing taking samples as necessary, storing and preserving in the appropriate manner and completing documentation.
- Radiography – prepare radiography equipment, identifying the areas to be imaged and recording results according to practise procedures.
- Hygiene excellence – in line with regulations and guidelines, maintain surgical environment and equipment and undertake infection control
- Surgical assistance – assist the vet surgeon during surgical procedures providing appropriate equipment and materials, operation of surgical equipment as appropriate.
- Anaesthesia – confirm the patients condition and the anaesthetic procedure to be administered performing pre anaesthetic checks as appropriate and monitoring of the patients throughout the procedure.
- Medication – calculate and administer medication to patients, keeping accurate records always – dispense if appropriately trained (SQP)
Salary: Competitive salary that is reflective of skills and experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working pattern
- Group Values in Actions Awards
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Cycle scheme
- Mindful Living Courses
- Continuous professional development
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Cover
- Compassionate leave on the loss of a pet
- Employee Discount at The Vet and a reward scheme including external discounts
- Help@Hand Scheme
- Free food Fridays
Ref: JN -022022-24155
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details