Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse - Watford
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are a Training Practice and hold RCVS GP status. You will be joining a busy, well-equipped practice, where every team member aspires to achieve higher standards. Their equipment list includes Endoscopy, Laparoscopy, Ultrasound, Digital X-ray, Multi-Modal monitor, ECG, and BP monitoring. They are situated in Watford, Hertfordshire, which is surrounded by beautiful countryside, while also having easy access to train stations, with London approximately 35 minutes away.
Team Info: They currently have 7 FTE Vets, 6 full-time and 2 part-time Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Student Nurses. They are actively increasing their current Nursing Team. They have a large support team consisting of Receptionists, Telephonists, VCA's, and Accounts Staff, ensuring their Nurses can focus on their clinical skills.
Role: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. Their Nurses are well respected and work closely with their team of Vets and Support Staff, to ensure the best possible care is given.
- Their nursing team is very supportive, and extra training can be given to someone looking to return to nursing, or just beginning their Veterinary Nursing career.
- Their nurses work in Theatre, Pharmacy, Ward, and Nurses Clinics and are encouraged to pursue special interests and CPD.
- They are a Training Practice and would encourage and support all theirr Nurses to be involved in nurse training.
Hours: The hours for this role are 38 per week, working across a 4-day week with various shift patterns.
Weekends/OOHs: The weekends are 1 in 4, and they employ night staff to look after their in-patients. Their out-of-hours is mostly covered by VetsNow, but they do provide cover on Saturday and Sunday daytime.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse or experienced Student Nurse with good practical skills and an ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £30,000 p/a depending on experience.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 2 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -102022-26769
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details