Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse, Windsor
We are currently recruiting for a lovely privately owned practice based in the Windsor area of Berkshire. They are looking for a full-time, permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their hardworking team!
The practice is well equipped with an array of facilities and services to provide the highest standard of veterinary care possible. Their state-of-the-art facilities include; two operating theatres - one dedicated to soft tissue surgery and the other is specifically for orthopaedic surgery, dental equipment, in-house laboratory, imaging suite, ECG, Ultrasound, Ophthalmoscope and Tonopen, and separate dog and cat wards. As well as treating first opinion cases they also take on second opinion and referral cases.
They are a friendly and professional team of 7 veterinary surgeons, 10 nurses, and reception staff.
This is a permanent full-time role where you will be joining a shared rota that is published and prepared by the Head Nurse. All nurses are required to work at weekends and night duty as per the rota and the normal hours of work may be varied to meet the needs of the business. The rota will include the following shifts across a week and include one hour for lunch unless otherwise specified:
- Dispense – 8.15 am to 6 pm (1.5 hours lunch)
- Theatre – 8 am to 5 pm
- 2nd Ops – 8 am to 5.15 pm
- Kennels – 9.30 am to 6.30 pm
- Recovery – 7.30 am to 4.30 pm
- Night Duty – 4 pm to 10 am
- Weekend – 8 am to 8 am
Out of Hours:
- They work in partnership with Vets Now for OOH cover
- From the end of consultations to 9 pm weekdays and 5 pm at weekends the On-Call, the nurse will take calls from clients worried about their pets and handle them accordingly, which may involve contacting the vet.
- After this time, all incoming calls will divert to Vets Now. The on-call nurse will be responsible for caring for existing in-patients.
To carry out veterinary nursing duties according to the standards and policies laid down by the RCVS and the practice, contributing to high-quality animal care and good staff and client relationships
This role would suit an experienced RVN that has some supervisory experience. You will have strong communication skills (written and verbal), computer literate with strong organisation and time management skills. Our client is looking for a team player that remains calm under pressure and is also customer/client-focused at all times.
The salary on offer is negotiable for the right candidate and the CPD allowance is too, dependent on the benefit to both practice and candidate.
Ref: JN -082021-22020
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further detail