Permanent Roving Veterinary Surgeon - Dewsbury
Type: Small Animal
Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire
Practice Type: This is a long-established first opinion Small Animal Veterinary Hospital with a fantastic mix of bonded clients.
Services/Facilities: They are able to boast excellent facilities; including on-site CT, dental suite, digital x-ray, and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, endoscopy, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including multiparameter monitors, separate wards for surgical, medical, isolation, cats, exotics and outpatients. With an emphasis on teamwork with an excellent support network for new staff members and high standards of both patient and client care.
Role: This is a fantastic role for an all-around GP Vet Surgeon looking for a rewarding position. It would also suit someone who wants to explore the practices in the group before taking a fixed role.
- Midweek Only - No Weekends /OOH.
- You would be provided with a rota at least 6 weeks in advance and you would work an average of 40 hours per week over the year with 6.6 weeks holiday and no weekends or OOH.
- Part-time could be considered on request.
- They are looking for an experienced Vet who loves variety to work at their external clinics on a changing rota with some Guaranteed time at the main hospital to develop clinical interests.
- The position requires someone happy to work sole charge at sites doing first opinion work, as well as being comfortable in a thriving team hospital environment.
- The role involves all elements of small animal work including consulting, routine surgery plus involvement in urgent and emergency cases as needed. They have a large team with many areas of expertise such as imaging and surgery available for support and guidance.
- Their ethos is clinical excellence and they try and live by their core values. Client and patient care are at the heart of what they do, and they are proud to be Cat-Friendly in many of their clinics. They run on 15-minute consults as a minimum.
- Competitive salary up to £65,000 a year depending on experience
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Extensive free online Group CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Relocation package
Ref: JN -102023-29779
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details