Permanent RVN - Nurse Team Leader - Henley-on-Thames
Type: Small Animal
Location: Henley-on-Thames area of Oxfordshire
Practice: They are a truly independent 100% small animal practice, with their main site in the beautiful town of Henley-on-Thames, and a small branch nearby. They enjoy a semi-rural location, meaning that they have excellent access to both the rolling hills of the Chilterns and the bright lights of Central London (via a quick train ride).
Role: Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Nurse Team Leader to join their Independent Small Animal Practice in Henley on-Thames. This is a senior position managing a large team of RVNs and SVNs. The Nurse Team Leader will be responsible and accountable for the Leadership and Management of the Nursing Team. They will ensure excellent nursing care cover for The Veterinary Centre clients and support for the Clinical Team of Vets.
Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week) with the option of working 4 or 5 days per week.
Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturday day shifts.
OOHs: Very occasional night shifts (Monday – Friday, less than 1 per month), with two days off after a night shift (they have dedicated Night Nurses to cover the majority of night shifts). No Saturday or Sunday Night shifts and No Sunday or Bank Holiday shifts
About the role: The Nurse Team Leader is expected to lead by example and encourage a culture of positivity, engagement, and collaboration within the nursing team. They will be expected to be heavily involved in the clinical aspects of the nursing role but will also be assigned management time to complete their non-clinical work.
Core Responsibilities: As well as the general duties of a Registered Veterinary Nurse the main roles and responsibilities of the Nurse Team Leader include:
- Leading, supervising, and supporting the Nursing staff
- Providing Induction, Training, and continual development of Nursing staff
- Regular appraisals and performance management of nursing staff
- Recruitment to ensure the nursing team is staffed appropriately
- Designing and implementing the nursing rota
- Constantly looking for and implementing ways to improve efficiency and care
- Ensuring that the nurse team remains motivated and productive
- Managing and recording the Team’s timekeeping, holiday requests, and sickness.
- Taking an active role in the training of student nurses
- Qualified RVN with at least 5 years of experience.
- High standards of patient care
- Enthusiastic, positive, and organised with good communication skills.
- Strong Team Player
- People/Team management experience would be an advantage
Salary: Competitive salary between £36,000-£38,000 p/a (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- 6 weeks paid annual leave (incl bank holidays) + service-based increases
- Additional paid Birthday leave
- Pro-rata overtime paid for additional hours
- Shift flexibility where possible
- £2,000 Nurse CPD Allowance
- Paid Professional Fees (RCVS)
- BHSF Health Plan: Health cash plan that covers dental and optical treatments as well as a range of therapies and glasses, hearing aids, and physio treatment. etc
- Bring your dog(s) to work
- Generous staff discount for your pets
- Company Pension Scheme (NEST)
- Annual Flu Vaccination
- CPD: £2,000 annual CPD allowance and paid time to use it.
Ref: JN -012024-30365
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details