Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Penzance
Type: Small Animal
Location: Penzance, Cornwall
Practice Type: Part of a group
Team Info: You would be joining a team of four nurses, six trainee nurses, and five small animal vets. They also have a visiting Vet for those more complicated cases, who you can work with and shadow to further your surgery skills and experience.
Facilities: The practice has undergone a lot of work in the last couple of years as they appreciate veterinary knowledge and technology is always moving forward, they’re determined to stay at the forefront of the field! The commitment to improvement has seen them develop what they believe to be the best veterinary facilities in the area, which include dentistry, x-rays, ultrasound, endoscopy, a full in-house diagnostic laboratory, and much more to allow you to offer the highest standard of care to your patients.
Role: Our client has a unique opportunity for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team based in picturesque Penzance, Cornwall, famous for its seaside paradise where quaint cottages crowd tiny harbours, fishing towns, and coves. Their talented team is a close-knit bunch, and they like to think that their family environment extends to patients and clients too.
Hours: Would you like to work a 4-day working week in a RCVS accredited practice in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK?
- This is ideally a permanent, full-time position.
- The role has a limited 1:7 OOH rota, creating an envious work/life balance.
- However, for the right candidate they are happy to discuss part-time and flexible working arrangements to enable they to provide the best service for clients and give you plenty of time to enjoy the splendours that the stunning Cornish coast has to offer.
- Imagine finishing work and popping to the beach for a spot of paddle boarding, followed by a refreshing drink and a BBQ on the beach!
Salary: The salary is dependent on experience, starting from £33,000 up to £55,000.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £1750 CPD Allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide-ranging contributions to health and well-being treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts, and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment, and much more
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression & development opportunities
- A family environment where both humans and animals are at the core of what they do
Ref: JN -122021-23384
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details