Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon - Oldham
Our client looking for an experienced Senior Veterinary Surgeon to further expand their team of dedicated vets and help increase the services they offer to clients.
Role: Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Oldham, Lancashire
Practice: Small Animal
Team: They have a wonderful team of 2 registered veterinary nurses and a receptionist.
The main branch is based in Rochdale where they have 5 registered veterinary nurses, 3 members of support staff, and 3 Vets. Time working at the practice can be arranged if the successful candidate wishes to.
Facilities: The surgery has been fitted out to a high standard with the vets having a lot of input in the process.
As a result, they have a fantastic dental x-ray and good dental equipment to go with it. They encourage any special interests – the outgoing vet has an interest in orthopaedics so they have a reasonable selection of instruments.
Hours: The working pattern is 38 hours worked over 4 days. The surgery is open 8.30 am -6 pm. You will be required to work 1:3 Saturday mornings 9-12 on a rotational basis. There are no OOH or overnight inpatients.
Sole Charge: Yes
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: The ideal candidate would have enough experience to be happy in sole charge. Some previous experience in HR/management would be desirable as you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the surgery.
You would work alongside and report to the clinical director and practice manager at Rochdale.
Salary: They are offering a salary of up to £55,000 p/a DOE. They also offer up to £5000 relocation allowance and up to £3000 welcome bonus!
Benefits: Excellent Package that includes -
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -052022-25334
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details