Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Rural Essex
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Rural Essex - within easy reach of London and the M25
Practice: Mixed Practice - The practice has been independently owned since 1980. Their clinicians are encouraged to take charge of their cases, but the skilled team makes internal referrals ideal for more challenging patients. They also have a diplomat in internal medicine and stud medicine.
Team: They have a skilled team of enthusiastic nurses, receptionists, and office support staff. The mental and physical well-being of the team is paramount
Facilities: Up to date equipment including, ASIF, ultrasound, DR radiography, endoscopy, hydrotherapy, and in-house laboratory within a recently built hospital help to ensure job satisfaction.
The Role: They are looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon that will join their main hospital practice but will also cover their modern branches.
Hours: Mental and physical well-being of the team is paramount, and to that effect, the routine consists of a:
- A 4-day working week with some out of hours
- Including a maximum of 2 Saturday mornings in 8 if required, and participation in a small animal emergency rota (1 in 8 weekends and 1 weeknight every 2 weeks is required)
- They are proud to provide an on-call service for clients and they have a long-serving clinical team that finds this service rewarding and not too onerous.
Sole Charge: Some
- They are looking for a capable general practitioner who wants the opportunity to use or develop their own area of expertise.
- Applicants should be competent and confident in general equine practice and excel in communication.
- An ability to nurture our interns would be a bonus.
- There is the opportunity to acquire further qualifications.
- Candidates with specialist skills or certificates will be considered.
- Applicants should also be motivated, a passionate team player with a personable and friendly attitude, and a strong client focus.
Salary: The salary range is £40,000 - £55,000 p/a depending on experience.
- Out of hours bonus
- Sufficient time away from the practice
- Generous CPD scheme
- 31.5 days holiday per holiday year, increasing for long-serving team members.
Ref: JN -032022-24310
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details