Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons x2 - Chippenham, Wiltshire
We are currently working with a likable small animal practice based in Chippenham, ideally located close to the M4 with excellent transport links to Bristol, Swindon, and Gloucestershire. Their superb team would like to welcome two further permanent small animal veterinary surgeons to join their growing team providing excellent care and understanding to their clients and patients.
This is a progressive modern, well-designed, and well-lit practice that has established an eclectic mix of loyal clients. They have a steady, stable, excellent, experienced team that considers personal progression and success critical to their success. This includes 2 vets that handle a varied range of first opinion cases, 1 HRVN, 1 F/T RVN, 2 P/T RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 experienced VCA, 1 Head Client Care Advisor, 2 Client Care Advisors, 1 Practice Manager. Facilities include:- Facilities: Digital X-ray. Dental X-ray, ultrasound, ECG, Tonometer, Capnography, Suntech blood pressure monitors, monopolar/bipolar cautery/suction well equipped surgical theatre, in-house fully equipped lab, access to local certificated orthopaedic surgeons who they currently use when needed, separate dog and cat ward. plus isolation/ quiet rabbit area, excellent with rabbits using vgels /capnography when appropriate, bespoke in-house training such as Compassion training and regular ‘lunch and learns’, top of the range telecommunication system enabling Recorded Video calls for use when social distancing, ample free car parking.
This is a full-time permanent post working 37-38 hours to encourage a good work-life balance. They would also consider and be prepared to negotiate part-time hours for an excellent candidate. The hours would be on a rota to fit the current practice hours which are: Monday to Friday 9 am-7 pm- 1:4 Saturdays 9 am-2.30 pm - NO OOHs or inpatients checks. Fair appointment system - allowing plenty of time to work up cases. Regular 15 min appointments and for example, eyes, ears, and skin appointments are 30 mins and dog/cat euthanasias are 45 mins. Proper lunch breaks are encouraged and admin time allowed. There will be the possibility of sole charge duties occasionally.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least one year’s experience, as it is a busy practice, and you will be interested in improving the quality of veterinary care in general.
- A certificate holder or someone wanting to complete a Certificate is welcome.
- Essentially, the team would like someone who has the four Cs! That is confident, calm, conscientious, and competent.
- A team player who enjoys working with others in a first opinion practice and likes getting to know patients and their owners well.
- A friendly individual who ultimately relates well to people, and who is keen to deliver a high standard of veterinary care. This veterinary surgeon will be able to handle a busy day and will know how to keep themselves and others usefully and beneficially engaged on those rarer quiet days.
- Salary: Very generous between £45,000- £65,000 depending on skills and experience
- RCVS/VDS/BVA/BSAVA fees paid,
- Holiday negotiable dependent on aspirations.
Ref: JN -082021-21902
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details