Permanent Soft Tissue Veterinary Surgeon - Blackburn
Type: Small Animal
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
- The area has great transport links and is within 1 hour of Manchester and Liverpool airport and you can be in London within 2hrs on the train.
- Lancashire has a good mix of rural vs city, and it boasts some of the best-hidden gems of walking country and a broad selection of traditional pubs
Practice Type: Part of a group - they are a 19-branch practice situated across Lancashire.
- They have 6 operating branches in addition to their main RCVS accredited hospital
- All their branches are accredited by the RCVS under the Practice Standards Scheme.
- they are a well-equipped multi-site practice with a CT scanner, Endoscopy, Digital X-ray, Dental radiography, and multiple surgical suites as well as an onsite hydrotherapy centre.
Team: Their core senior team is made up of certificate holders in Medicine, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, and Surgery and they actively encourage and support Certificate study. They have a talented team of 25 Veterinary Surgeons, 15 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Nursing Assistants.
The Role: They currently have a unique opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon with a keen interest in soft tissue surgery to join their team. They pride themselves on delivering the highest quality care to patients and the clinical team is instrumental in delivering that ethos.
Duties: Based within a busy hospital that sees both first opinion and referral cases, this is an excellent opportunity to build on and develop your passion for soft tissue work. You will have the opportunity to do inpatient care, and emergency triage with some GP work – you really will see a diverse range of cases.
- Work-life balance is important to them so they have created a working pattern that offers you the flexibility to thrive.
- The role is 40 hours per week across 4 weekdays, working 8.00 am to 7 pm with 1:4 Saturdays
- However, they have the flexibility to consider part-time working options and are open to discussing the best options that work for you.
- They are a Vets Now host practice and work in partnership with them to cover the out-of-hours service – the occasional night shift may be required which is paid at an enhanced rate.
Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays
Salary: Competitive Salary of up to £65,000 p/a (DOE)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -062022-25389
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details