Permanent Surgical Registered Veterinary Nurse - Camden, North London
Type: Small Animal
Location: Camden, North London
Practice: Part of a group
Facilities: 24-hour RCVS accredited small animal hospital which provides gold-standard care for its own patients as well as providing out-of-hours and emergency cover to over 30 first opinion clinics and a specialist referral clinic in the North London area. It is an amazing place to see a unique caseload surrounded by like-minded staff who want to provide the very best care.
Team: You will be working as part of an experienced, and talented dedicated day team consisting of 11 RVNs, 5 Student Veterinary Nurses (SVN), and 5 Patient Care Assistants (PCA).
Role: They are looking for a proactive, dedicated RVN, with experience in surgical nursing, or with a keen interest in surgical nursing.
- You would be nursing to a very high standard of care alongside two highly skilled surgeons assisting with routine neutering, laparoscopic spays, orthopaedics, and soft tissue surgery.
- The ideal candidate would have a strong interest and understanding of anaesthesia and would be organised, calm, and able to work to a high level of efficiency.
- This is a role where your surgical nursing skills will utilise to their full potential and is a great opportunity for professional development in an area of your interest with further study actively encouraged and supported.
- 42hrs/week, 4-day working week (4 x 10.5 hours shifts)
- 3-11 pm shifts every 10 weeks
- one in six weekends (Saturday and Sunday, TOIL or overtime)
- 1 x bank holiday a year.
Salary: Between - £24,000 to £30,000 p/a depending on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays on a pro-rata basis
- Additional paid day off to celebrate your birthday
- Enhanced sickness policy
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance
- Extensive learning and development programs
- Progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Discounts with PetPlan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Gym membership discount
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Flu vaccine voucher
- Recruitment reward scheme.
Ref: JN -042022-24834
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details