Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-specialty centre in Derbyshire that is recruiting for a Specialist or residency-trained oncologist is required to join their established team
Permanent Veterinary Oncologist (ECVIM or ACVIM) - Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics, and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, a full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills, and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms.
Team: The oncology team comprises a European and RCVS-recognised specialist and 2 dedicated oncology nurses and an oncology intern. The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals delivers Specialist led care, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all their patients. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to their own first-opinion vets. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, a dedicated leadership structure, and support functions such as Customer Care, HR, and Marketing.
- They are looking for a specialist or residency-trained Oncologist to join their established team.
- You will be a referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
Hours: The position is full time 4 days per week, 8.30 am to 6 pm plus on-call rota. However, we are happy to consider part-time hours and flexible work patterns.
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Required skills and experience;
- Diplomate of the ECVIM or ACVIM in small animal oncology or completed an ECVIM-CA or ACVIM-approved residency in oncology
Would be good to have;
- Peer-reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
- Previous experience in teaching
Salary: Excellent salary that is reflective of skills, experience, and certification level
- 6 weeks holiday allowance plus bank holidays and birthday off work.
- A 4-day week allowing a great work/life balance
- £3000 CPD cost allowance plus 10 days CPD days to give or receive training.
- RCVS and VDS cost covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions.
- Regular internal CPD, rounds, and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes.
- Death in Service Cover
- Private Healthcare
- Discount staff pet scheme
Ref: JN -042022-24810
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details