Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-specialty centre in Derbyshire that is recruiting for a Veterinary Radiologist to join their team.
Permanent Veterinary Radiologist - Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics, and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms.
Imaging facilities include digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 2 GE ultrasound machines, a 16-slice GE CT, and a 1.5T HDE MRI. They are an established but growing business with all imaging modalities based on one site. There is excellent interaction between all of the various departments and therefore an exceptional level of intellectual stimulation and discussion overall specialities. They are a strong and dedicated team.
Team: The imaging team is composed of three senior radiologists, two ultrasonographers, four radiographers, and dedicated nurses. A resident role is planned for the future. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure, and support functions such as Customer Care, HR, and Marketing on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to our own first opinion teams.
- A Specialist or residency trained Radiologist is required to join an established team.
- A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
- The practice is a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with the University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
Hours: The position is full time - full hours will be discussed in the interview
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
Required skills and experience;
- ECVDI or equivalent residency trained (ECVDI or equivalent specialist status will be prioritised)
- Significant experience working in a Diagnostic Imaging team at a referral hospital
- Diagnostic and reporting experience in English, covering all modalities
- Complete and confident sampling skills set, also to include swallow studies
Would be good to have;
- Peer-reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
- Further qualifications and accreditations in Diagnostic Imaging and beyond
- Teleradiology experience reporting all modalities to demand service level agreements
- Cardio Echo capability and experience
- Previous experience in teaching
Salary: Excellent salary that is reflective of skills, experience, and certification level
- £3000 CPD allowance
- 10 CPD days
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
- Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
- Your birthday off
- Death in service insurance at 4x salary
- The practice focuses on health and well being
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- Increase in holiday allowance with service, 1 day per year up to 5 years of service
- Private Healthcare
- Discount staff pet scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
- Plus many other benefits
Ref: JN -092021-22261
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details