Se4rch Veterinary Specialists are working with a large multi-specialty centre in the East Midlands who are recruiting a Cardiology Clinician to join their team.
Permanent Veterinary Referral Clinician - Cardiology - Derbyshire
Type: Small Animal
Practice: They offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics and dermatology, and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. They work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services.
Facilities: Include 13 consultation rooms, 7 hospital wards, 5 theatres, full advanced imaging suite (with CT and MRI), 3 ultrasound rooms, interventional radiology and cardiology capabilities, an endoscopy suite, hydrotherapy pool, and treadmills and dedicated chemotherapy & radio-iodine treatment rooms. They have a GE Vivid 7 cardiac ultrasound scanner and a new Vivid E95 scanner.
- The cardiology team comprises an experienced RCVS certificate holder and visiting experienced certificate holder supported by highly trained and experienced nurses. The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals at Pride deliver specialist-led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all their patients.
- The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to their own first-opinion vets. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, a dedicated leadership structure, and support functions such as Customer Care, HR, and Marketing on site.
- A Specialist or residency-trained cardiologist is required to join their established team. A referral clinician ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers, and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team.
- They are a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with the University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
Hours: Full-time, a 4-day week allowing a great work/life balance
Weekends/OOHS: In line with rota
- Required Skills and Experience:
- Diplomate of the ECVIM or ACVIM in small animal cardiology or completed an ECVIM-CA or ACVIM-approved residency.
- Full range of interventional cardiology capabilities.
- Would be good to have:
- Peer-reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
- A proven track record in interventional procedures.
- Previous experience in teaching
Salary: An excellent salary package commensurate with experience
- 6 weeks holiday allowance plus bank holidays and birthday off work.
- £3000 CPD cost allowance plus 10 days CPD days to give or receive training
- RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
- Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
- Death in Service Cover
- Private Healthcare
- Discount staff pet scheme
Ref: JN -022023-27979
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details