We are working with a veterinary practice based in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, who is looking for a permanent small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
This practice is fully equipped to deal with the widest range of procedures, from check-ups to more life-saving animal surgeries. They have modern, purpose-built premises which have been recently upgraded to include 7 new consulting rooms, a nurse's occupational treatment room, and a separate pharmacy. In addition, they have the following facilities:
- Digital radiography and ultrasound rooms
- 2 dental suites with dental radiography
- 3 surgical theatres
- MRI & CT scanning
- Chemotherapy suite
- Separate cat, dog, and rabbit wards
- Isolation unit
- Intensive care facilities
The Role and Candidate:
This is a permanent full-time position, where you will be working 40 hours a week (average). Monday-Friday vets usually work 3.5 days (2 x 08:00-20:00 shifts, 1 x 08:00-18:00 and 1 x half-day). There is also a weekend commitment, 1 in 4, Saturday & Sunday 08:00-18:00. They also believe in work/life balance and they firmly believe everyone should have a lunch break and everyone should expect to leave on time.
Our client is looking for a patient-focussed vet who is comfortable offering gold standard care at all times. A candidate with 5+ years or more experience would be ideal.
You will have excellent communication and client care skills, with a patient-focused approach and an ability to recommend what you genuinely feel is best for each patient. You will also have the willingness to learn, adapt, grow, and discuss cases with colleagues in a collaborative atmosphere.
In return for your hard work and commitment out client is offering an excellent package that includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 6.6weeks holiday (incl bank holidays) plus birthday off
- £2k and 5d CPD, certificates encouraged
- Experienced, supportive colleagues (>50% cert holders/studying)
- Great links with Paragon Referrals incl regular ‘Learn at Lunch’ seminars with specialists
Ref: JN -112020-17507
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details