Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Monmouthshire
We are working with an independent small animal practice in Abergavenny that is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full-time permanent basis, part-time candidates would also be considered. Our client is looking for a well-rounded GP Veterinary Surgeon to help them grow their practice. They have exciting times ahead as they extend opening hours and continue their refurbishment.
This practice offers a full local vet service to the area and they have two sites that are 10 miles apart. They are an independently owned Small Animal Practice with an excellent reputation for client care and are looking for a genuine team member hoping to settle somewhere beautiful. Their practice is on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park and is ideal for dog walking, outdoor pursuits, etc.
They are only an hour from Bristol and an hour and a half from Birmingham, with good train links to London and the North. Their fundamental focus is the wellbeing of their patients, they pride themselves on their ethics. The team is friendly and caring. The practice is fully-equipped with all the usual toys, they are an RCVS accredited practice offering a range of services including Veterinary Consultations, Nurse Consultations, and Acupuncture. They also have visiting specialists including a Chartered Physiotherapist, a Veterinary Ophthalmologist, and a Veterinary Cardiologist. Consults are 15 minutes long, 9.00-10.30, 3.30-6.00.
The Role and Candidate:
Are you a great all-rounder looking for a new challenge? Do you want to get involved in improving services and developing the practice, as well as providing a complete veterinary service to friendly clients? Future shareholder/ownership prospects are available for the right person.
If you have attributes such as a genuine team spirit, excellent communication skills, and a commitment to do what is best for the animal, then our client would love to meet you. Ideally, you will already be competent in medicine and surgery and able to cope with a busy workload and some sole charge.
They can offer a satisfying role within a progressive, team-driven workplace with very little on-call. They are based in a beautiful rural area within easy reach of Cardiff, Hereford, and Bristol. They have loads of ideas to grow the practice but they can't do it without more vet power.
This is a permanent role that can be either full or part-time, but you must be able to do some weekend and evening shifts. The weekend rota is 1 in 5.
- Your working hours will be made up of the following units:
- Normal Day- 8.30am-6.30pm
- (consult 9.00-10.30, tea break, operate 11.00-1.00, lunch, paperwork/messages 2.00-3.30pm, consult 3.30-6.00pm.)
- Late Shift 1.00pm- 10.30pm
- (finish any outstanding ops 1.00-2.00pm, paperwork/messages 2.00-3.30, consult 3.30pm-6.00pm, break, consult 7pm-9pm, tend to in-patients, emergencies, tidy up, finish 10.30pm)
- Responsible for in-patients overnight.
- Weekend Shift 8.30am- 6.00pm
- (consult 9.00-10.30am, and 3.30pm-6.00pm. Middle of the day free for emergencies/urgent ops)
- Responsible for in-patients overnight
Emergencies are dealt with by Vets Now after 10.30 pm during the week and after 6 pm at weekends. Rather than being on-call vets do one shift a week from 1 pm until 10.30 pm, running an evening surgery and fielding any emergencies. Nurses do the majority of the in-patient care with vet back-up when needed.
All vets consult and operate on most days.
In return, our client is offering:
- Salary commensurate with experience, with the total package in the range of £38,000- £50,000.
- Higher salaries would be considered for Certificate holders or additional skills
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, as well as other subscriptions if appropriate.
- Pension paid at 8% of salary.
- Generous CPD salary
- Evening and weekend hours paid at 1.25x basic rate
Ref: JN -012021-18193
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details