Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Airdrie
Our client's established small animal practice has a fantastic opportunity for a forward-thinking and ambitious veterinary surgeon to join their friendly and professional team. Their focus is on looking after you so you can concentrate on doing what you do best, looking after clients and their pets! This is a full-time permanent role that would suit a candidate with at least 1 years' post-graduate experience with a bias towards surgery (although this is not essential.
This practice has flourished since opening in 2012, making them the go-to practice in the local area, with a large and loyal client base. They have been RCVS PSS accredited at General Practice level since opening and do all the things you would expect a busy small animal practice to do. With a forward-thinking team of vets and RVN’s, all of whom contribute to clinical protocols, they consistently deliver the highest standards of clinical care to patients. They are supported by a friendly and service focussed team of client care advisors who look after clients and ensure your day runs smoothly. They are a welcoming, enthusiastic and caring team of individuals consisting of 6 vets, 4 RVNs, and 5 client care advisors. The practice owner is a vet and the manager of the practice. All of the team are actively involved in establishing the practice procedures and culture, based on communication, support, and mutual respect.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with at least 1 years’ experience to further develop their career, with the help and support needed to become an amazing young vet. Although a bias towards surgery is preferable, the practice owner and the rest of the team are here to offer and provide all the support you want and need to develop your own interests.
The role will require:
- Quality first opinion diagnostic skills
- Working up cases and developing evidence-based treatment plans
- Being confident in routine soft tissue surgery
- Tailored, patient-centric preventive care advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Your qualifications are essential to your success in this role and it is expected that you will demonstrate expertise as a veterinary surgeon. In addition, these qualities are also important:
- An ability to build rapport with clients, their pets, and your fellow team members
- Combine compassion with efficiency and integrity
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey diagnoses and treatment plans in an easily understandable and professional way
- Maintaining a positive and supportive approach at all times
- Patience and kindness, especially in challenging situations
- The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes
- Striving to continue to learn and never stop sharing knowledge
- Trusting your knowledge, your colleagues, and your common sense
- Competitive salary of between £35,000-£65,000+ depending on experience, no OOH
- Professional subscriptions & memberships
- Contributory workplace pension
- Generous CPD allowance & support, with regular in-house training
- Exclusive company discounts
- Further discounts for your own pet’s vet care
- 5.6 weeks holiday PLUS your birthday off (including presents from the team!)
- Fully funded annual Christmas party and bonus
- Monthly Tea & Cake break when they close the door to clients for an hour!
Ref: JN -092021-22166
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details