Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Banbury
Type: Small Animal
Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Practice: This is an independent veterinary practice that offers specialist Small Animal, Equine, & Farm 24-hour care across a wide geographic area. Their main tier-3 RCVS-accredited Small Animal Hospital has excellent transport links nearby to London and Birmingham (only 1 hour away). All of their surgeries boast state-of-the-art equipment allowing them to offer ‘Gold Standard’ veterinary care.
- 15 Vets, including 4 at Senior/Director level
- 13 RVN’s including Head/Senior Nurse & 13 Nurse Assistants/Students
- Our in-house laboratory is fully staffed and available at all times
Role: The role requires work on-site at a busy Hospital with occasional sole charge shifts at Branch, with realistic 15-minute consults. Client care is paramount to them, which is why they have a dedicated in-house Night Team. Weekend consult shifts and weekend OOH are negotiable and accommodation is available if needed.
- With 15-minute consults (more in more complex cases) and regular administrative breaks, their rotas are designed to be realistic to meet the client’s needs. You can rest easy knowing once your shift ends, you can hand it over to their dedicated in-house Small Animal Night Vet and Nursing Team who will look after the in-patients and emergencies throughout the night.
- You will need the ability to formulate and carry out a clinical plan with a team that is both progressive and open to new ideas. They take pride in offering a high standard of care to clients and patients and they enable and empower our Vets to be able to do that too.
- They have a large and loyal client base, providing you with a full and varied caseload, and offering plenty of opportunities to further your surgical and medical experience. In addition, they will help you develop your veterinary skills in any field of interest in a very supportive environment.
- Mentoring is offered via designated internal staff and complemented with a career pathway designed to support your long-term aspirations. The Small Animal Team, including the Vets, Nurses, and Receptionists, is fully committed to providing the very best care. Their ethos is to support each other fully until each case is complete.
- Minimum of 2 years of UK experience in a similar Small Animal Vet job role
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
- Be a team player with high clinical aspirations
Hours: Vets work a 4 day week Mon-Fri, weekends on a rota basis, no on-call. Part-time would be 2 or 3 days per week - they will consider all variations of working patterns. 8 am till 6.30 pm days
Weekends: 1:6 weekends (days only), but they have various options available
Salary: Competitive, between £42,000 – £65,000 p/a depending on experience (they will pay more depending on skills and experience)
Benefits: (based on full-time)
- RCVS membership & VDS cover
- CPD 1 week/£1,500 per year
- Enhanced holidays, starting at 7 weeks (incl. bank holidays) and increasing with the length of service.
- Private Medical Insurance and discounted Health Care Cash Plan Scheme
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme
- Structured career pathway – from Graduate to Director Level
- Full funding and unwavering support toward Certificates
- Flexible working patterns
- Out of Hours rewards
- Access to all XLVet resources and initiatives
- Supportive well-being program and very active social calendar
Ref: JN -062021-21142
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details