Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Bexley Heath
Type: Small Animal
Location: Bexley Heath, East London/Kent - They are in Greater London, on London/Kent border and as a result have brilliant transport links.
Practice Type: A well-established Small Animal Practice with wonderful, loyal clients. They pride themselves on a very low turnover of staff and are proud to say they have very experienced Vets and nurses on the team.
Facilities: The surgery is well-equipped and is kept very clean and provides a happy environment in which to work.
Team and Culture:
- They currently have 5 Vets (2 part-time) 7 RVN's, 1 SVN, a Practice Manager, 3 Receptionists, 3 Kennel Staff and a dedicated cleaning team.
- One vet has a GP certificate and they have visiting specialists/certificate holders (Cardiology, Ultrasonography, Orthopaedics).
- One of their Vets and one of their Nurses have made it to the finals of the Pet Plan Annual awards.
- They are a training practice for Veterinary Nurses and have a nurse clinical coach.
The Role: They are looking for an ethical and dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join their first opinion practice
Hours: Work-life balance is very important to them and they tend to operate 8.30 am - 6.30 pm shifts on an 11-week rolling rota making your working days 3 days per week and then 4 days once a month.
Weekends /OOHS: 1:2 Saturdays. No OOH.
Sole Charge: This is not a sole charge role, and your colleagues are very experienced and will be happy to help and mentor if necessary.
Duties: Will include carrying out consultations, treating animals in the hospital, liaising with clients about their pets, radiography, dentistry, and of course general surgical work. CPD encouraged. You will be supported by a dedicated team of qualified Nurses on every shift.
- As they all enjoy their work and are proud to offer the care given, the suitable candidate would have this same mind set and they would see themselves being welcomed into this wonderful team and made to feel supported and cared for from the start.
- MRCVS registration is expected to be up to date.
- Some experience is preferred but support would be given to a keen newly qualified Vet.
- A positive can-do attitude and great communication skills are essential for this role.
Salary: The salary on offer is competitive up to £50,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -062022-25388
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details