Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Birmingham
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: This is a close-knit group of clinics that have been established both independently and as part of a larger group for well over 30 years.
Team: They have experienced teams of support staff in each clinic including a designated nursing Branch Manager as well as Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary & Animal Care Assistants
Hours: Full-time, vets usually work 9.00 am - 7.00 pm with an hour's lunch break, therefore a weekly average of between 37 and 42 hours per week depending on the respective clinic.
Weekends/OOHs: 1:7 Saturday mornings 9.00 am - midday which is based at the main branch
Branch work: Some
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provision of an excellent standard of care to both pets and clients
- High standard of communication using verbal and written methods; using PMS for patient records, prescriptions, and lab reporting and full discussion with clients on patient progress, treatment options, and costs
- Comply with legal obligations in line with prescribing/dispensing of medicines guidelines as well as working in accordance with the RCVS Code of Professional Conduct
- This job would suit an RCVS Veterinary Surgeon with previous experience ideally in a similar small animal practice setting.
- You will be able to undertake sole charge work where patient welfare will be your first consideration
- You will be able to perform imaging tests, laboratory tests, and surgery, prescribe medicines, and diagnose illness.
Salary: £35,000-£45,00 p/a Depending on experience.
- 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- VDS cover
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Plus much much much more
Ref: JN -092021-22207
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details