Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Blackburn
Type: Small Animal
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
- The area has great transport links and is within 1 hour of Manchester and Liverpool airport and you can be in London within 2hrs on the train.
- Lancashire has a good mix of rural vs city, and it boasts some of the best-hidden gems of walking country and a broad selection of traditional pubs
Practice Type: Part of a group - they are a 19-branch practice situated across Lancashire.
- They have 6 operating branches in addition to their main RCVS accredited hospital
- All their branches are accredited by the RCVS under the Practice Standards Scheme.
- they are a well-equipped multi-site practice with a CT scanner, Endoscopy, Digital X-ray, Dental radiography, and multiple surgical suites as well as an onsite hydrotherapy centre.
Team: Their core senior team is made up of certificate holders in Medicine, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, and Surgery and they actively encourage and support Certificate study. They have a talented team of 25 Veterinary Surgeons, 15 Registered Veterinary Nurses, and 5 Animal Nursing Assistants.
The Role: An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Vet Surgeon to join an RCVS accredited hospital. They pride themselves on delivering the highest quality care to patients and the clinical team is instrumental in delivering that ethos.
Duties: You will see a great mix of both routine and emergency medical and surgical cases and will be fully supported by an experienced team
Support: They are dedicated to offering career development opportunities for all of their people including support for those who wish to pursue a certificate. They want to underpin their commitment to career development by investing in their people to be the employer of choice for all veterinary professionals in the Lancashire area
- Core opening hours are 08:00-19:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday 08:00-12:00.
- They have the flexibility to accommodate part-time working options and would be open to discussing the best options that work for you and working with you to accommodate the pattern you need.
- They work in partnership with Vets Now for their out-of-hours service however, you will occasionally be asked to provide cover at an enhanced hourly rate.
Weekends: To be discussed
Salary: Competitive Salary of up to £60,000 p/a (DOE)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -062022-25390
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details