Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Braintree
Job Title: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Small Animal
Type: Small Animal & Equine Practice
Location: Braintree District of Essex
Practice Type: This is a busy small animal and equine rural practice located on the Essex Suffolk borders with a friendly and supportive team with a collaborative approach. You will be joining a larger practice all working from the same site.
Facilities: They are equipped with usual diagnostics, ultrasound/CR radiography/endoscopy, visiting peripatetic medics/ophthalmologists.
Team: 6 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 experienced Veterinary Nurses, and several kennel assistants.
Hours: This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week over 4 days a week.
Weekends: Some scheduled weekend work required
OOHS: Out-of-hours are covered by Vets Now
- They hold a wide range of skills including some more advanced orthopaedic and cardiology and are a supportive close-knit bunch who really enjoy working together.
- They are happy to embrace any new skills you may bring their way or aid in the development of new ones. They encourage CPD including undertaking a certificate if that is something you would be keen to do.
Skills/Exp: Ideally, some experience as a small animal vet would be wonderful due to the busy nature of their days, however, they are equipped to deal with less experienced candidates and are willing to help and nurture a less experienced small animal vet.
Sole Charge: Joining a large experienced team
Branch Work: No
Salary: Competitive - to be discussed in the interview.
Benefits (subject to pro-rata):
• 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave + training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance & free flu jabs
• VDS and BVA Membership paid
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Academy & Leadership courses
Ref: JN -012022-23756
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details