Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Burton-Upon-Trent
Job Title: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Burton-Upon-Trent, Derbyshire
Practice Type: A friendly, compassionate, progressive group that has been established for over 25 years, they have 8 branches across the West Midlands, East Midlands, and Staffordshire.
Facilities: The practice itself has been renovated to provide a spacious, light, and airy perfect working environment. With large, bright consult rooms, theatre, prep room, and separate cattery and kennels, digital x-ray, ultrasound, and an in-house lab. They have a loyal client base, and the practice is highly trusted within the local community for providing exceptional veterinary care.
Team: Their dedicated, friendly, experienced team pride itself on providing the best care for pet and client alike. They have the facilities and resources to enable the staff to work in a low stress, well organised, supportive, friendly, family feel atmosphere. Maintaining a good working environment and job satisfaction for all staff is of high importance to them which is proven in their low staff turnover.
Hours: The role is a permanent, full-time position based on a 4-day week with Saturday mornings every other week and no out of hours.
Shifts: Rota details: 4 Weekdays, 9.00 am - 6.30 pm. Saturday mornings on a shared rota 9.00 am - 12.00 pm.
Consulting hours: 9.00 am - 10.30 am and 3.00 pm - 6.30 pm.
Out of hours: None
Skills/Duties: They are looking for an experienced vet who is clinically and surgically confident to work alongside an outstanding team in a lovely practice. This role would be suitable for someone wishing to advance their career who is either studying towards a certificate or would like to do so and increase their skillset. They are a large company, so there are potential internal progression opportunities. You will have clinical freedom to fully work up and manage your cases and will be actively encouraged to develop your skills and bring new ideas to the practice.
- They are looking for a confident, experienced vet, who is as comfortable in theatre as in the consulting room and capable of delivering high quality and personable veterinary care.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of post-graduate experience in practice.
- You will have excellent communication, organisational and motivational skills, be confident, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking with a naturally calm, caring disposition.
- You will work with our management team in growing the business, driving the team, and maintaining wellness in the practice.
- Enthusiasm for sharing your skills and knowledge to mentor a younger vet in the first few years of their career will be essential.
Salary: They offer an excellent benefits package including an attractive salary of between £40,000-£52,000 p/a (DOE) p/a for the right candidate, a four-day week, with a set day off and no OOH’s.
Benefits: - Subject to Pro Rata
• 5 weeks paid holiday, not including bank holidays
• 5 days paid CPD leave
• £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Plus much much more
Ref: JN -082021-21936
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details