Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Cardiff
Type: Small Animal
Location: Cardiff, South East Wales
Practice Type: Part of a group - a brand-new independent clinic is opening within 3 months looking for a Nurse
Team Info: Joining a new team in a brand new practice
Duties: This role would involve both clinical work and the opportunity to get involved with some admin tasks related to running a clinic which include:
- Handling and restraining animals in a safe and controlled way.
- Provide first-class nursing care to injured/sick patients, including documentation, monitoring, health checking, feeding, and grooming.
- Administer treatments including injections, tablets, drips, and blood transfusions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, e.g. Blood sampling, urine analysis, and x-rays.
- Prepare animals for surgery and perform some minor procedures, e.g. Suturing wounds and dental hygiene.
- Collect and preserve laboratory samples that must be shipped offsite for more comprehensive testing
- Assist veterinary surgeons with operations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the practice.
- Providing patient paperwork to doctors
- Coordinating patient payments with the payments department or process payments on their own
- Resolving employee conflicts
- Resolving patient issues
Hours: The role is full-time and each candidate is required to be flexible on working hours and days. They are happy to discuss details but generally, the working pattern for Surgeons is to be 4 days per week from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm, along with 1 in 2 Saturdays from 8.30 am to 1 pm.
OOHS: No night work or on-call initially however, once the practice is registered as a hospital, surgeons may be required for night work or on-call work in line with a schedule.
Skills/Exp: They are looking for a few good all-around Veterinary surgeons, who will be covering all routine first opinion small animal work with consults and ops where required.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent
- Registered with the RCVS or suitable to register.
- Good routine small animal surgical and medical skills in emergency surgery.
- Already residing in England and Wales or will be resident
Salary: They are offering a competitive salary of between £40,000 - £70,000 p/a (DOE)
- Our company commits to giving min 5 percent of its annual profit in a way to be shared equally with all doctors as a bonus payment in a year.
- VDS fees paid
- RCVS fees paid
- 5 days of paid CPD leave
- Genuine CPD Allowance per annum. They see CPD as an investment in the individual, as well as for the practice, and are keen to support study for certificate qualifications.
- Birthday leave
- Gym membership
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Free car parking on site
- Discounted treatment for staff pets
- UK Standard Pension contributions – 5% Employee / 3% Employer
- Death in service of two times the annual salary
- 21 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Ref: JN -072022-25900
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details