Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Colne, Lancashire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Colne, Lancashire
Practice: Independent well established that offers first opinion veterinary care to small animals
Team: They have 3 Companion Animal surgeries in the area and you will only work between 2 surgeries to help maintain case continuity. Sole charge will be required, hence an experienced vet is preferable.
Facilities: You will enjoy the support of a well-experienced team of excellent and dedicated vets, nurses, and receptionists. Their facilities allow for good case workup and include a state-of-the-art DR digital x-ray machine with cloud-based image storage, ECG, flexible endoscope, ultrasound scanner, tonometer, infusion pumps, and a well-equipped lab including an electrolyte analyser.
Hours: They are looking for a full and a part-time Small Animal Vet to join their friendly professional clinical team. Both positions can be considered with or without on-call.
Shifts: Full-time vets involved in the out of hour’s service do work a variation of 3, 4, and 5 day weeks throughout the 8-week rolling rota. If you are a full-time vet doing on-call you will only have two 5 day weeks every 8 weeks. However, many of their vets choose to have extra days off. They are very open to suggestions and happy to discuss what hours may suit you.
Weekends/OOHs: Providing in-house OOH care not only gives clients a better service but also increases case exposure to vets. Thus allowing them to build experience and confidence in dealing with emergency and critical care patients.
Their week-end OOH rota is approximately 1.5 in 8 with generous time off in-lieu given:
- On-call Friday / Work Saturday morning only / Sunday on call
- (Monday & Tuesday off in-lieu)
- On-call Saturday
- (With a Friday off in-lieu)
- Followed by 6 week-ends off
- In addition, you would be on-call approximately 1 night every other week with the following day off. The rota is on a continuous 8-week cycle allowing you to plan your life ahead. They have an OOH telephone answering service so you will not be taking calls directly. Recent graduates will be given veterinary backup OOH. There is CCTV so you can remotely keep an eye on inpatients.
Skills/Exp: They are open to applications from all levels of experience.
Branch work: They have three practices - you will be working between two
Salary: The salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. To give you an idea of their current pay scales. A one-year qualified vet will be paid £36,700. A vet who has been qualified for 6 years will be on £51,100
Package: You would benefit from a competitive salary and excellent staff benefits including:
- Up to 38 days holiday a year, with a holiday, buyback scheme too for those who love to travel
- They have the opportunity for vets who do not want to do on-call to join the team.
- They have been highly commended in the SPVS wellbeing awards twice.
- Their main site has undergone extensive refurbishments.
- You would enjoy excellent support and backup from a well-established clinical team.
- They have 15-minute appointments
- They have team meetings so all their staff can contribute to the success of the practice and ensure everyone is listened to.
- For more recently qualified vets they have reflective meetings giving vets a great environment to develop and grow.
- They offer a generous CPD allowance of £1,700 per annum and certificates are encouraged with a higher CPD budget given.
- They have a new graduate development program
- The main site is cat friendly
- They are RCVS Accredited and a Nurse training centre
- They have several apartments available, all within walking distance of their surgeries.
- They are a friendly bunch who love to socialise.
- The rota is 1.5 in 8 we generous time off is given for on-call.
Ref: JN -012022-23772
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details