Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Colne, Lancashire
We are currently working with a long-established, independent Veterinary Practice based in the Colne area of Lancashire, who is looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team on a permanent basis.
They have 3 Companion Animal surgeries where you will only work between 2 surgeries to help maintain case continuity. You will enjoy the support of a well-experienced team of excellent and dedicated vets, nurses, and receptionists. Their facilities allow for good case workup and include a state of the art DR digital x-ray machine with cloud-based image storage, ECG, flexible endoscope, ultrasound scanner, tonometer, infusion pumps, and a well-equipped lab including an electrolyte analyser.
Their loyal clients appreciate the in-house out-of-hours service. They understand how this can impact vets and do ensure on-call is kept to a minimum and vets have the following 24 hours off after being on-call. There is accommodation provided on-site for vets to use if preferred.
Providing in-house OOH care not only gives clients a better service but also increases case exposure to vets. Thus allowing them to build experience and confidence in dealing with emergency and critical care patients.
The Role and Candidate:
Would you like to work for a multi-award-winning, well-established, and independent practice?
Our client is looking for an experienced, full-time, permanent Small Animal Vet to join their friendly professional clinical team. Due to the requirement of sole charge within the role, it would be more suited to an experienced and confident Vet.
Full-time vets involved in the out of hour’s service do work a variation of 3, 4, and 5 day weeks throughout the 8-week rolling rota. Their week-end OOH rota is approximately 1.5 in 8 with generous time off in-lieu given:
- On-call Friday / Work Saturday morning only / Sunday on-call (Monday & Tuesday off in-lieu)
- On-call Saturday (With a Friday off in-lieu)
- Followed by 6 week-ends off
In addition, you would be on-call one night a week every other week with the following day off. The rota is on a continuous 8-week cycle allowing you to plan your life ahead. They have an OOH telephone answering service so you will not be taking calls directly. There is also an experienced nurse on-call and recent graduates will be given veterinary backup OOH. There is CCTV so you can remotely keep an eye on inpatients.
In return, our client is offering an excellent salary that is commensurate with experience, to give you an idea of the pay scales. The salary range starts at £36,000 for a one year qualified vet, up to £50,000 for a vet who has been qualified for 6 years. The benefits on offer include:
- You will be enrolled on Westfield Healthcare which is a cashback plan and contributes to dentists, opticians, physio, and much more.
- You will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- You can join their corporate gym membership for only £22.50 a month
- Pets are treated at cost (within reason)
- An extra days holiday for every 3 years’ service up to a maximum of 5 days pro-rata.
- For those of you who love to travel/wish to spend extra time with the family, they offer a holiday buyback so you could have some extra weeks holidays off
Ref: JN -042021-19537
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details