Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Cornwall/Devon Border
Type: Small Animal
Location: Cornwall/Devon Border - within 10 miles of Plymouth
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They are a self-sufficient, established, single-site clinic that provides small-animal, first-opinion veterinary care.
- They have a dedicated team of veterinary surgeons, with interests ranging from soft tissue surgery and exotics through to diagnostic imaging so there is always someone there to discuss a difficult case with!
- Their motivated nurses have interests in nutrition, emergency, critical care, dentistry, and feline behaviour and enjoy running their daily nurse clinics.
- They are a friendly team who work well together and enjoy each other’s company both in and out of work! Come join them for wild swimming, a pub quiz, an escape room or watching one of the local bands. They also have summer and Christmas events, from Kayaking to tree-surfing, which are also a great deal of fun.
Role: Our client now has an exciting opportunity to join their friendly team as a veterinary surgeon. They pride themselves on giving high-quality care to all patients and clients
Hours: Find flexibility in a role with no out-of-hours and 1:3/4 Saturday
Duties: There will be access to a varied caseload with a mix of both consults and surgery with no OOH work and 1:3/4 Saturdays.
Support: They are keen for you to progress and further training/certificate study is encouraged and supported.
Applicant Requirements: Must be RCVS registered and experience in small animal work is preferred but would consider a new graduate. The ability to perform routine spays, castrates and dentals is advantageous, and a dedicated caring attitude is a must.
Salary: They are offering a salary up to £75,000 p/a depending on experience plus a relocation allowance of up to £5,000
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30434
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details