Permanent Veterinary Surgeon, Darlington
We are currently recruiting on behalf of an independent small animal practice in Darlington, which requires a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
The practice aims to provide a warm and friendly environment to provide the best possible care to their patients. They have the main surgery and a branch located 10 miles away, with a team of 4.5 full-time vets, and 9 nurses working in support. The practice has modern, up-to-date facilities including a fully-equipped modern theatre as well as a digital x-ray suite. They have an in-house lab, ultrasound equipment, ECG, endoscope, all suitable for not only larger pets such as cats and dogs but also smaller companions such as rabbits and guinea pigs.
- This is a full-time role where you will be working Monday-Friday 08:30-18:00 with one weekday off per week.
- The weekends are 1 in 4 and the OOHs rota is also 1 in 4. Very limited sole charge with occasional branch work which will be consulting only.
- Consults are a mixture of 10 or 20 minutes.
- You will be joining a small, independent, first opinion, small animal practice, the OOH is [usually] quiet and you will be supported by a nurse who is on-site overnight taking the phones and dealing with any in-patients. Advice and help are available OOH.
- They also have a part-time position available [minimum of 2 days, possibly more if wanted] for a vet, there is no obligation with this position to do any OOH or weekend work.
In return, the practice is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, subject to experience, including:-
- Salary of between £30,000 and £50,000 p/a (FTE) DOE
- CPD allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme.
Ref: JN -082021-21913
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details