Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Devon
We are working with a truly independent small animal veterinary practice based near the coast in Devon, near Exmouth that is looking for two Veterinary Surgeons to join them on a permanent basis. They are looking for vets with at least a year of post-graduate experience that is competent in routine surgeries, consultations, and dealing with common emergencies.
This practice has been designed around clients and their pets offering outstanding modern health care in a gentle and loving environment. They are equipped with a range of diagnostic and surgical equipment including a digital x-ray machine and a dedicated operating theatre so can perform the majority of procedures in-house. They are determined to be the friendliest and most helpful vets in Sidmouth. They are staffed by a welcoming and knowledgeable team of veterinary surgeons, registered veterinary nurses, and animal care assistants who are dedicated to animal welfare. They allow clinical freedom to manage and work up your own cases with 20-minute consults as standard and support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise. They currently have 4 Vets (one of whom is working towards a CertAVP in Internal Medicine), 3 experienced RVNs with competent and understanding support staff including an SVN, ANA, receptionist, and RVN practice manager supporting us.
This is a permanent role, which is flexible and could be full-time or part-time considered - up to 40 hours a week over 4 days. You will be someone that is ready to join a very easy 1 in 4 OOH cover rota as they are proud to cover all their own OOH and hospitalisation services.
The role will have you working at both their branches, like the rest of the team, with two vets on-site 90% of the time.
There are OOH bonuses of £50 per call-out before 10 pm and £80 after 10 pm.
It's a really easy rota! Typical call-outs are 2-4 per duty weekend and usually none per duty weeknight – the rest of the time you are free to go home, sleep, shop, eat and relax!
Supportive team and head vet who is always willing to help you out if needed.
Our client is looking for a passionate individual, preferably with at least one year’s experience in small animal practice. You should enjoy working in general practice and have the ambition to do the very best possible for valued patients and clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be competent in routine surgeries, consultations, and dealing with common emergencies.
- Be a superb communicator, with a friendly personality who is enthusiastic, positive, and capable with a great sense of humour.
- Have a specific interest in Feline Medicine or Behaviour would be welcome as they hope to achieve gold standard ISFM cat-friendly clinic status at their new premises.
In return, our client is offering a competitive package that includes:
- Salary range: £35,000 – 55,000 p/a for the right candidate, + bonuses for OOH call-outs
- CPD allowance: £1000, with paid CPD days by arrangement
- Expected bonuses: c.£1,720 per annum based on duty workload
- Benefits: VDS fees paid, RCVS renewal fees paid, one additional professional subscription, optional bonuses for OOH call-outs.
Ref: JN -062021-21010
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details