Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Dyfed, South West Wales
Type: Small Animal and Equine Practice
Location: Dyfed, South West Wales
Practice Type: Part of a group
- They have 3 consult rooms, a prep room, an op room xray/dental room, ultrasound, and endoscope, and a large garden.
- You will be joining a supportive team of 4 Vets, 2 RVNs, 1 SVN, 1 VCA, 3 Receptionists, and a Practice Manager. We each encourage our team to pursue their individual interest through CPD/certificate support and more.
- Their ethos is to make the working environment somewhere to thrive and enjoy, that's why they underpin that commitment by offering career progression pathways whether that be surgical or medical, they can offer the exposure you need to further your career and passions.
Role: They are looking for a Small Animal Clinician to join their team in Dyfed, South West Wales.
Hours: They acknowledge life's unpredictability and strive to offer the flexibility necessary for you to excel in your role while managing personal commitments. They prioritise your well-being, whether you are looking for full-time, part-time, or flexible working hours, we can offer you a rota pattern that works for you.
Typically, the full-time position is 4 days a week from 8:30 am-6:00 pm with 1 in 6 Saturdays and no OOH.
What they need from you:
- Their ideal candidate will have knowledge of animal physiology, nutrition, and medicine with practical skills to diagnose illness, prescribe medicines, and perform imaging tests, laboratory tests, and surgery.
- They require you to be RCVS registered and have experience with small animals, demonstrate a good understanding of the importance of preventative health plans.
- They ask that you have experience working in an empathetic customer-focused environment and have an element of flexibility.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator, paired with being a brilliant listener. You will have the ability to prioritise, delegate, and make challenging decisions and be an avid team player and support your colleagues.
- They need a problem-solving Vet who can effectively manage their time. You will be able to remain calm under pressure yet be assertive and patient when required. They ask you to have a positive can-do attitude and be passionate about your work.
- They will need you to have a driving license and be comfortable traveling between their branches.
Salary: The salary will be up to £75,000 p/a (FTE) depending on experience.
Benefits: They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -092023-29614
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details