Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Edinburgh
Type: Small Animal
Location: Outskirts of Edinburgh
Practice: This is a family-run, small animal practice established in 2003.
Facilities: They provide outstanding clinical services and state-of-the-art facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, video endoscopy, soft tissue, orthopedic and ocular surgery. This clinic was one of the first practices to enroll in the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme which is designed to give clients peace of mind that the practice provides the very best facilities and care. They are a nurse training practice and very much enjoy this teaching role.
Team: They have a wonderfully friendly team of Vets, Nurses, VNA, and support team.
Role: Our client is looking for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon, with immediate effect. They are looking for an experienced Vet that is looking to come and join a dedicated team of veterinary professionals, with a mixture of consults and surgery.
Hours: The hours for this full-time role are 4/5 - day week, 1 in 4 Saturday mornings! No OOHs or on-call! Although part-time positions and flexible work are equally considered
- 8.30 am to 6 pm on weekdays.
- 1 in 4 Saturdays 8.30 am to 12 noon.
- No on-call
- 1 weekday day off every other week (or paid as extra if worked when other vets on holiday)
- They are looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic, Veterinary Surgeon committed to providing high standards of patient care, and happy with a good mix of consults and surgery.
- This role will be joining an existing Vet team of 3, as well as dedicated and experienced Veterinary Nurses and support staff.
- The practice would consider applications from all levels of experience.
- Lots of support and development on offer from this supportive team.
- Within this role, you will be given a good degree of clinical freedom to deal with cases but there is always the opportunity to discuss things with a colleague.
Salary: The salary from £40,000 per annum depending on experience
- 34 days off per year including bank holidays (the majority of which are taken in lieu)
- CPD up to £1000 per year
- Pension provided
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS fees paid
- Uniform provided
- Cycle to work scheme if requested
Local Area: They are situated just outside Edinburgh, with some fantastic outdoor places to explore and a beautiful city to go out in. There is anything from hillwalking on the local Pentland Hills to water sports on Gladhouse Reservoir and at Portobello. There is mountain biking at Glen Tress and Innerleithen. Edinburgh as a city offers lots of bars and cafes and Harry Potter for fans of J K Rowling! Locally they also have Buccleuch Park with the Restoration Yard shops and cafes to visit and the park to explore and also Vogrie with its many walks. The coast is not far away and Munro-Bagging and skiing are only a couple of hours' drive away. A local dry slope caters all year round.
Ref: JN -042022-24709
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details