Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Colchester
Type: Small Animal
Location: Based near the coast in the Colchester area of Essex
Practice Type: A proudly independent, client-focused practice set on the coast of Essex, and less than five minutes walk from the beach, they also have a second consult-only practice. They are an hour's drive from London Stanstead airport and London and 30 minutes from Harwich port.
Services/Facilities: Their facilities have been designed with their clients pets in mind:
- Two waiting rooms enable them to separate their quieter patients from the more boisterous visitors.
- Modern and fully equipped operating theatre.
- A full range of internal and external diagnostic facilities including blood testing, ECG heart recording, endoscopy, ultrasonography, light microscopy, x-ray suite, air-driven dental machine, ear irrigation system, a multi-parameter anaesthesia monitor, and a Tonometer.
- Separate cat and dog wards.
- Isolation facilities.
Their practice is registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and is inspected regularly, ensuring that they comply with all health and safety regulations and that they provide the highest standards of care within the practice.
Team: They have a great positive, happy culture and are lucky to have a fantastic team of 10 vets (6FTE) 10 qualified RVN’s, 4 SVN’s and a lovely team of 7 receptionists.
Role: Due to an increased workload they are looking for a full-time Veterinary Surgeon
Hours: Full-time, Four day week
Weekends: One in four Saturday mornings
Duties: They have a good caseload on both medical and surgical cases, with 15 minute consult times. There is allocated time in the morning and evening for reporting results and admin tasks. There will be monitoring for new graduates, and for everyone else, a collaborative team to discuss cases with.
What they want:
- A good attitude and work ethic
- Someone with a keen interest to develop their skills
- Good communication skills both with clients and colleagues
- Securing the right candidate for them is more important than the level of experience, they are happy to consider a new graduate; to them, it is all about the person.
Salary: From £33,000 up to £70,000 (full time) based on experience.
- RCVS, BSAVA, VDS fees paid.
- CPD, including certificates, supported.
- Gym membership (across the road from the surgery)
Ref: JN -012022-23711
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details