Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Fakeham
Type: Small Animal
Location: Fakeham, Norfolk
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are an RCVS-accredited first-opinion practice, which also takes local referrals in multiple disciplines. Their aim is to provide a high quality, professional, friendly service, and all work together as a team, and with our clients, to provide the best care for their pets. All members of their team are equally important to this process and are keen to ensure all staff reach their potential and find their own niche within the practice, thus external referrals are rare. Quality of life and the well-being of their employees are of paramount importance to enable us to deliver the best service possible. They have a low staff turnover and are a stable, experienced team in all departments.
Team: They have 6 Veterinary Surgeons, with this vacancy bringing us to 7. They also have 11 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants, 5 Receptionists, and 4 Support staff who are responsible for administration and management.
Role: They are on the lookout for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
- The day-to-day duties consist of consultations, diagnostic and surgical procedures, working within a team of motivated and skilled Vets and Nurses, and excellent Support staff.
- If you have a particular area of interest this will be encouraged and supported.
- Experience is ideal but a new graduate would be considered as they have a very supportive team.
- They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
- The hours for this role are 36 per week with normal working days being Monday to Friday 08.30-17.30, they can be flexible within these times, days off are included, and later evening consultations are possible if wanted.
- They provide their own 'on call' out-of-hours service to own clients.
- On-duty times are between 17.30 and 08.30 Monday to Friday, and Weekends from 08:30 Saturday to 08:30 Monday.
- There are no routine consultations during these times.
- On duty is either a Saturday or Sunday. Frequency of on-call in 1:7 Monday to Saturday and 1:8 on Sunday.
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £65,000 FTE (based on 40 hours of work per week)
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -072023-29247
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details