We are working with a practice based in Altrincham, Cheshire that is looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join them on a full or part-time permanent basis.
The Practice is situated just off the M56 and near the M6, Altrincham is close to Manchester so has all the benefits and facilities of the big city and its transport hub whilst being surrounded by beautiful countryside. The practice has an expanding and loyal client base with a varied caseload. The surgery is purpose-built with state-of-the-art equipment including digital x-ray, ultrasound, and in-house laboratory facilities. The Practice is made up of an experienced team of vets, nurses, care assistants, and receptionists.
The Role and Candidate:
This is a full or part-time permanent role for a Veterinary Surgeon. At the moment they work a 4 day week from 9 am to 7 pm which covers consulting, operating, and admin time. They are open at weekends and work them on a rota - 1 in 3 at the moment. Saturday is 9 am to 6 pm with some cat neuterings. Sunday is 10.30 am to 4.30 pm which is just consulting. If you work a weekend, you will finish at 2 pm on Thursday for a long weekend break. Weekends are the only part of the role that is sole charge.
- The team is made up of four RVNs, one student nurse, a VCA, and four receptionists
- They use their nurses effectively and they have their own ops and consults lists
- Dentals always get x-rays and extractions are limited to a maximum of 45 minutes
- They have a MyLab Six ultrasound, visiting specialist and for any budding cardiologists they’ll purchase another probe and licence
- They do a range of in-house orthopaedics including TTAs and are ready to expand their surgical kit
They would love to have someone that would help push the practice forward clinically, in both the range of procedures and treatments provided and the development of the team. You should have the ability to inspire and motivate the team around you, have a strong but balanced sense of responsibility and an awareness of self, and a clear sense of direction.
Excellent career opportunities and development due to their clients' varied caseload
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• Generous CPD and funding of certificates for the right candidate
• Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
• Childcare vouchers
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Ref: JN -052021-20180
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details