Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Gateshead
Type: Small Animal
Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Practice: They are a Tier-3 hospital-based small animal practice with a reputation for excellent clinical care and a strong team ethos. Their 4 branch surgeries work closely with the hospital and have operating, dental and laboratory facilities. One of the branches is also equipped with an advanced ultrasound scanner.
Facilities: They are an aspiring practice, accepting a small referral caseload in medical and surgical disciplines. Out-of-hours cover is provided by their own in-house ECC team, providing optimal continuity of care. The hospital is well-equipped, including DR x-ray, high-spec ultrasound, endoscopy & endo-surgery.
Role: We have a rare and exciting opportunity for an ambitious Veterinary Surgeon to join our client's team in Tyne & Wear. If you have a particular interest in Ultrasonography and a passion for imaging this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- The successful applicant will be required to work both as part of the hospital team and at one of the branch surgeries, a full-time role would usually include 2 days at the hospital and 2 days at a branch per week, although the rota is negotiable.
- Full-time vets work 41 hours per week over 4 days and work 1 in 6 weekends and 1 in 6 Saturday mornings, no night or OOH duties are required.
- Both full and part-time applicants will be considered for this role.
Duties: Hospital duties include inpatient care, medical investigations, and surgery. There is plenty of time to work up cases thoroughly and develop your skills. You will also have additional support from their certificate-holders in medicine and surgery.
- The role would suit an exceptional GP or experienced veterinary surgeon who has a passion for or is already a certificate holder in Diagnostic Imaging.
- If you are wanting to work towards an advanced qualification in imaging or gain any other certificate you would also be welcomed and fully funded, but an exceptional GP would suit the role equally well.
- They will also consider candidates 2+years qualified who wish to work as part of a large team providing the highest possible standard of care to patients and clients.
Salary: Up to £60,000 p/a (DOE)
- Up to £5000 relocation allowance
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focussed on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
Ref: JN -032022-24550
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details