Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon - Greater Manchester area
We are currently working with a well-established, growing and highly rated RCVS accredited veterinary practice based in the Greater Manchester area. They are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result, they have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career. This role would be suitable for someone who has a surgical bias and will be predominantly focused on leading and developing the clinical team, in this area.
This practice has 2 branches and a team of 5 vets, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN plus support teamwork across each clinic. The branches are well kitted out with great facilities including 4 consult rooms, cat ward, dog ward, operating theatre, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, and access to an endoscope and veterinary equipment to treat orthopaedic patients.
There may be the opportunity to progress this role in the future, therefore they would love to hear from veterinary surgeons who would be keen to develop a more advanced surgical service – although this isn’t a deal-breaker. This practice does have links to a second practice and both sites are flexible working practices therefore they are keen to consider full-time and part-time applicants, with a share of Saturday mornings (0830-1230 TOIL given for each weekend worked). Out of hours is provided by Vets Now. Their teams' work-life balance and wellbeing are always a top priority, so if this is of interest, they’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
This group, they have 21 clinics across the UK, and all of their clinics have teams with different interests, with team members undergoing further training by certificates or having those that have achieved certificate status. Being part of something bigger, offers a fantastic level of support on a wider group level and allows them to grow and develop a higher quality first opinion pet care, whilst providing internal career progression opportunities.
This vacancy has been released due to continued growth within the practice and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- Experienced candidate; minimum 5 years experience
- Drive to work towards clinical excellence within first opinion practice
- Confidence in making strong clinical recommendations and being able to coach less experienced team members in making these.
- Strong surgical experience, further certification preferential but not a necessity. Dependent on requirements certificate/further qualifications fully supported
- Confidence in supporting less experienced team members with surgical cases
- Leadership qualities to enable successful support of less experienced team members
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of veterinary medicine, to the pets under your care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; to the pet’s under your care, making strong and confident clinical recommendations with the support of the team and the group
- Growth; to be passionate in wanting to progress your clinical knowledge and skill development, which in turn contributes to the growth of the practice and the clinical team
- RCVS registered
Salary: Up to £60,000 Dependent on skills and experience (FTE)
Benefits: They have many stand-out benefits available, as an example, their leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, paternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did they mention work-life balance is top of their agenda?
- Relocation allowance up to £5,000
- Welcome bonus up to £1,500
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
- 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
- Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
- Birthday day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Your pets can benefit from their Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on their wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
Ref: JN -032022-24433
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details