Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hatfield
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The practice is a single site practice in a nice bright building, with generous-sized consultation rooms. The facilities include digital x-rays, including dental x-rays (which they do routinely for dental cases), ultrasonography, tonometry, non-invasive blood pressure measurements, and the lovely new multiparameter monitor includes capnography.
Team: Lovely staff, some of whom have been at the practice for around 20 years, including a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Veterinary Nurses, a Veterinary Care Assistant as well a Receptionist, and the Practice Manager. One of the Vets is studying for a surgery certificate.
Role: The practice is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join the existing team. The role includes carrying out consultations, surgeries, and diagnostics, with time for admin on a daily basis.
Hours: They can be flexible in terms of hours, but ideally a full-time candidate would work a 40-hour week made up of a 4-day week of 10-hour days. Part-time candidates are also encouraged to apply as we are keen to offer flexible working hours for the right person. The Vets also share a Saturday rota (mornings only) of 1 in 3 for which they get time off in lieu the following week. There are no out-of-hours.
Salary: Up to £65,000 (DOE) plus benefits
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets and Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
Ref: JN -102023-29996
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details