Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Facilities and Services: They are kitted out with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, and on-site IDEXX laboratory equipment allowing them to run most blood tests in-house. They do a lot of their surgeries including orthopaedics, TECAs, and wound reconstruction. They also have an aquatic treadmill in their branch surgery and a dedicated hydrotherapy/physiotherapy team.
Team: They currently have a team of 7 small animal vets, 5 registered veterinary nurses, 4 student veterinary nurses, and a large team of receptionists and support staff. Their Clinical Director is a Certificate holder in Small Animal Surgery
Role: They have an exciting opportunity for a compassionate, small animal, Veterinary Surgeon to join their practice, where teamwork and excellence in clinical care are high on the agenda.
Duties: Day-to-day duties include assessing and treating inpatients, consulting, operating, interpreting laboratory results, and communicating with clients.
- Their normal working day runs from 8.30 am till 5 pm with an hour lunch break.
- They take pride in being able to provide their own out-of-hours emergency service based in the Haverfordwest practice for their registered clients.
- With this role, you’ll be working practice hours only meaning no out-of-hours required!
- They are firm believers in work-life balance and encourage vets to leave on time and make time for phone calls etc during the working day diary wherever possible to ensure that breaks are taken.
- 7.5hrs per day, Monday - Friday working with the occasional Saturday cover.
Applicant Requirements: They welcome applications for Veterinary Surgeons with all levels of experience including recent graduates. They encourage and fund CPD and the development of clinical interests. The certificate-level study is encouraged, and for new grads they offer the Graduate Academy, including coaching, mentoring, and relevant CPD.
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £55,000 p/a depending on experience.
Benefits: They recognise that people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday is a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -112022-27211
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details