Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Hereford
Job Title: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: They are a four-year-old purpose-built modern group practice. They are part of the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme achieving ‘excellent’ in the client service award and are an approved training practice. They are ISFM Gold Feline Friendly, RWAF Silver Rabbit Friendly, and BHWT Hen Friendly. They aim to join the BVA Good Veterinary Workplace scheme this year.
Facilities: Bright, well-ventilated working area with air-conditioning. Separate wards for canine, feline, exotic patients as well as isolation, all temperature controlled. They have a range of machines to help them out; multi-parameter, doppler, ultrasound, digital x-ray, hand-held pulse-ox, fluid pumps, fluid warmer, in-house lab, etc.
Hours: They can offer flexibility in their requirements for the right candidate, below gives a guide to what would be possible. (Ideally, they require availability on Wednesdays and Thursdays.)
Shifts: Maximum 40 hours per week, part-time considered. They are open between 09:00 and 20:00 on weekdays. 09:00-18:00 Saturday and 10:30-16:30pm Sunday. Lunch hour is paid.
Weekend: Minimum 2 weekend days every 6 weeks. This could compromise 2 separate Saturdays or one whole weekend. If you would like to work more at the weekends this would be welcomed.
OOHs/On-Call: 1-night on-call per week or more if candidate keen. It is rare to be called out and salary would reflect the number of nights on call.
- Your most important quality will be to get involved – everyone is part of the team and they all muck in to help each other when needed.
- Surgery: Competence in routine dog and cat neuters, with rabbits an advantage. Competence in dental extractions, mass removals. There is an opportunity for a vet with a surgical bias, certificate holder, or wanting to work towards one. They would like to gain their RCVS PSS awards in surgical areas.
- Consulting: Most consultations are currently booked as thirty-minute appointments. Their ethos is to build a trusting relationship with their lovely client base.
- Exotics: No previous exotic experience necessary. Training is given to include common consults, radiography, and diagnostics. One of the partners spends more time at work than sleeping and if not is always at the end of the phone to assist. The nursing team is experienced and supportive too.
Computer System: RxWorks
Salary: They’re open to negotiation – you tell them what you can bring to the team. New graduate starting at £31,000 p/a
- Annual Leave: 5.6 weeks per year, increasing to 6.6 weeks after 2 years of service. Birthday leave.
- CPD Allowance: £2000, but the option of increasing through a learning agreement.
- Paid RCVS registration.
- Paid membership of choice (e.g. BSAVA, BVNA).
- Reduced cost of veterinary treatment and preventatives.
- Contributory pension scheme. Life assurance scheme.
- Access to company discount schemes (cinema, restaurant, holidays, etc).
- Employee assistance program through the Retail Trust.
Ref: JN -082021-21965
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details