Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Herne Bay
Type: Small Animal
Location: Herne Bay, Kent
Practice: Small Animal
Team: They are an established team of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 Nurses, 1 Head Nurse, and 5 members on their support team. They also have an experienced and long-standing Practice Manager who wants to continue to develop and grow this practice. They have one Medicine certificate holder and have the vision in the practice of encouraging and supporting more certifications from any who hold an interest in further development.
Facilities: They are an RCVS-accredited practice as well as an ISFM Silver cat-friendly clinic. Their facilities include, four consulting rooms, two theatres, a dental suite with X-ray, ultrasound, an in-house lab, and digital X-ray. They are a young progressive practice, with a great friendly enthusiastic team. Their USP is that they are a very stable practice that promotes excellent work-life balance alongside a high standard of care.
Role: An exciting and rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to complete the team. Roles within this well-established team are hard to come by as staff retention and work-life balance is a couple of their key focuses.
- They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career so their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours will enhance your work-life balance.
- They work their daily diary for you to have 2 hours for lunch and messages to ensure adequate time to keep on top of your caseload.
- Alternate weekends but 1:3 weekends, No OOH
- They are looking for full-time (40 hours per week), however, they are open to discussing part-time and flexible working.
- Feedback from their vets has been very positive following recent diary and rota changes to support work-life balance.
Branch Work: No
- They are looking for a vet with 4 years but need a wealth of experience
- They have long-term staff, with no hierarchy. - they are looking for someone who will fit in with their great established team
- Very hot on standards and they have very good reviews about their practice
- Wider skills to be able to move the practice on and not rely on other group practices
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience (FTE).
Benefits: They recognise that people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in people, premises, and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
6.6 weeks annual leave
Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
Your birthday as a paid day off
Private medical insurance
Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
Cycle to Work scheme
Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
Non-accidental injury support
£1,350 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
Infection Prevention and Control Programme
Quality Improvement Programme
Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -012024-30390
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details