Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Holt
Our client looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to further expand their team of dedicated vets and help increase the services they offer to clients.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: Holt, Norfolk
Practice: Part of a group
Team: A team of 6 Veterinary Surgeons, along with a couple of locums who regularly cover so the permanent staff can take their annual leave allowing them to work at a sensible pace. The nursing team with 6 super RVNs, 1 (soon to be 2) amazing SVNs, and 2 awesome VCAs, all of whom are dedicated to patient care and work to support the vets including undertaking consults. They benefit from RVNs with special interests in canine and feline behaviour, ECC, and breeding.
Facilities: Fully equipped premises offer a wide range of services. An in-house laboratory, along with ultrasound, endoscopy, E.C.G. heart assessment, and X-ray facilities, Consultation rooms, two operating theatres, and a nurse’s room is always available to deal with routine and emergency treatments.
Hours: The role is full-time. A standard working day starts at 8.30 and finishes at 18.30. Different shift patterns are as follows:
- 9-12 consult then 2-3 then 4-5.45
- 9-12 consult then 4-5.45
- 8.30-4 in theatre (you dictate your breaks) then consult 4-5.45
1 in 6 Saturday mornings; Saturday mornings consist of consulting 9-12, if any inpatients require to be cared for over the weekend the vet is responsible for transferring these to our out-of-hours provider after consults, although this happens infrequently.
Sole Charge: TBC
Branch Work: No
Applicant Requirements: Ideally you may have some experience, so someone who may be looking to move from their first practice since graduating or someone who is looking to expand their experience of small animal practice to include leadership. Interest in developing surgical experience would be an advantage. You will be encouraged to develop your specific interests and we will support you every step of the way, including from the study to the certificate level.
Salary: They are offering a salary from £30,000 for a new graduate rising to £60,000 (DOE)
Benefits: Excellent Package that includes -
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -062022-25658
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details