Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Kings Lynn
Type: Small Animal
Location: Kings Lynn
Practice: Veterinary Surgery and Hospital that is part of a group
Facilities: Their high specification of both facilities and equipment help them support professional development including; Storz video endoscopy and otoscopy, laparoscopy, vascular sealing device and harmonic scalpel, digital radiography, a new CT scanner, fully equipped dental suite, colour-flow doppler ultrasound, capnography & ventilators, slit lamp, and in-house laboratory.
Team: They have 6 Advanced Practitioners and certificate holders in; Small Animal Medicine, Emergency and Critical Care, Ophthalmology, and Small Animal Surgery, and you will be supported by an experienced and friendly team. They also have 17 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 9 Student Veterinary Nurses, and 16 Support staff. They share expertise day to day in ward rounds, case reflection meetings, and at regular in-house training sessions to ensure excellence in their clinical standards and continual development.
Role: They are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a team of dedicated and motivated colleagues who provide a clinically advanced, personal service for their clients and their pets. Further Certificate studies are supported and encouraged, and their referral service will provide access to a more advanced caseload.
Hours: The rota will include:
- 1 in 12 overnight residential duties (with time off in lieu)
- An average 4day/38-hour week inclusive of on-call commitments
- Working shifts (8.30am-6.30pm, 8.30am-1.30pm, 1.30pm to 6.30pm or 12.00pm to 10.00pm and duty shifts of 6.30pm to 9.00am).
- Weekend work will be required on a rota basis as-is out of hours work.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for someone who is a team player and happy to provide clinical support to the rest of the team.
Salary: Competitive Salary - Commensurate with experience
- Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the Group Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- BVA Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
Ref: JN -042022-24932
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details