Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Leeds
Type: Small animal
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Practice: This is a Tier 3 Hospital based in West Yorkshire, just a short train ride from Leeds with easy access to the beautiful Peak District and the city of York less than 1 hour away. They are high-standard primary care and mid-tier referral hospital with four satellite clinics. They are all about clinical quality and developing themselves to be the best they can be.
Facilities: Their facilities and equipment are excellent and include:
- An amazing team of supportive, dedicated, caring professionals
- Full imaging suite including Xray, multiple ultrasound scanners, onsite CT, and visiting MRI
- 4 theatres with a dedicated surgical nursing team and certificate-holder-led service
- Dental suite with X-ray
- Rigid/flexible endoscopy, including laparoscopy
- Excellent in-patient facilities with separate dog/cat/exotic and day/long stay wards plus ICU and onsite lab with dedicated technician (Haem/biochem/coags/EPOC)
- Separate dog/cat waiting areas and 7 consult rooms.
Team: They are also a supportive, friendly team. Their Colleague Council organises regular events and they have made an exciting Engagement Action Plan together as a team. They are also working on their well-being agenda with trained Mental Health First Aiders onsite. Sustainability is important to them and they hold their Investors in the EnvironmentBronzeAward.
Role: This is a fantastic role for an either experienced Vet Surgeon looking to build a client base or for perhaps a more recent graduate looking for a rewarding position that can offer great rapport with clients, case continuity, and the chance to work more independently.
Duties/Candidate: They are looking for an experienced GP Vet who is motivated to build strong relationships with clients and perform high-quality medicine and surgery. The role would involve some consulting and all aspects of primary care operating (routine and soft tissue surgeries, dentistry, ultrasound, and radiography).
Hours: Negotiable: Full-time: Monday 8-6, Tuesday 9-7, Wednesday 8-7, and Friday 8-6 plus weekends. They are happy to consider part-time hours as well.
Salary: The salary between up to £70,000 p/a (DOE)
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded (£1k per year)
- Extensive free online Group CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Workplace pension
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Trained mental health first aider team on site
Ref: JN -032023-28177
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details