Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Leicester
Type: Small Animal
Practice: The Group was established over 100 years ago and is now a fully RCVS-accredited multi-site, primary care, and mid-tier referral practice. They also have a dedicated Farm practice, spanning Leicestershire and adjoining counties. With 4 sites all their practices are self-sufficient and are fully equipped, but they like to share best-practice and work as a big team.
Team Info: You will be joining a friendly and enthusiastic, large, team of vets across our sites. Across the group, they also have an experienced nursing team (including two surgical diploma holders) & a wonderful client care team who support us daily. They offer some fantastic referral, OOH, and advanced services, but equally champion their primary care vets, and the fantastic service they offer for routine and first opinion caseloads.
Facilities: Their branch sites are well equipped with digital X-rays, quality ultrasound, dental equipment, in-house labs, and dedicated operating theatres, and carry out all standard primary care procedures daily. They also have a Tier 3 RCVS accredited Hospital that has all this plus; CT machine, video endoscopy, ASIF kit, TPLO/TTA/Tightrope, arthroscopy, Phacoemulsification, and advanced ophthalmology equipment, dedicated 24-hour nursing and vet teams, and much more.
Role: Permanent - Full or part-time applications welcome
- 40 hours over 4-5days (part-time applications considered)
- 1:4 Saturdays 8:30 am-2 pm, 1:15 Sundays 8 am-7 pm (paid extra)
Your role and responsibilities:
- The role involves consulting and operating in equal measure together with the possibility of being on the inpatient rota at their hospital practice if this is an area of interest.
- They are keen to support certificates for our associates, where they can for personal and business development. They understand the need to be flexible with working hours and are open to discussing the ideal role for you. They welcome full and part-time applications.
Some more things to know about them:
- Their ethos is clinical excellence, and they try and live by their core values
- Client and patient care are at the heart of what they do
- They are a Cat Friendly accredited practice
- They are working towards their Investors in the Environment Bronze award
- They prioritise mental health and well-being with a team of trained Mental Health First Aiders in the practice
- Work-life balance is important to them and the full-time rota is 40 hours with a 4-day week
- Salary is up to £48,000 per annum (FTE) depending on experience
- 5 weeks' holiday plus bank holidays and Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded
- Extensive free online Group CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness program including:
- Employee assistance program
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Free annual Flu jab
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme
Ref: JN -032023-28108
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details