Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Lyndhurst
Type: Small Animal
Location: Lyndhurst, Hampshire
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The practice has excellent facilities, including ultrasound, dental X-ray, and an in-house blood machine.
Team: You will be joining an experienced team of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 RVNs, 1 SVN, and 5 receptionists/administrators. You will also be supported by a dedicated Practice Manager.
Role: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their supportive team. Depending on your preference, they would be open to you working at Lyndhurst or Totton or both.
Duties: You will have a nice mix of consulting and operating. There will be occasional times of sole charge, so a Veterinary Surgeon with confidence, good communication skills and a team player is a must.
Support: They encourage their Veterinary Surgeons to have clinical freedom, case independence, and continuity with an interesting and varied caseload. You’ll work in a supportive team environment, and they would happily support and encourage you in developing your own clinical interests and career advancement. They of course have various in-house diagnostic equipment to aid you, along with a local Group Referral Centre.
- Typically, the full-time position is 40 hours, Monday – Friday, with Saturday mornings on a rotation.
- TOIL is given work during the week for working on a Saturday.
- There is no on-call as OOHs are covered by VetsNow.
- Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work-life balance.
- They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance.
- Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you. They would welcome both full and part-time applicants.
Salary: The salary for this role is up to £63,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
• 6.6 weeks of holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata plus an additional day for management training
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Relocation allowance up to £2000
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Ref: JN -092022-26451
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details