Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Macclesfield, Cheshire
Type: Small Animal
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Practice: Within their diversified practice, they've carved out distinct Small Animal, Equine, and Farm divisions. Encompassing their Small Animal domain, Macclesfield hospital and its branches weave a tapestry of care across Cheshire.
Facilities: Experience the ample offerings of their well-equipped hospital, featuring an array of tools ranging from X-ray and ultrasound to endoscopy and a comprehensive Idexx lab suite. The forthcoming move to their new hospital in early 2024 promises an enhanced repertoire of amenities, amplifying their current capabilities.
- In the realm of their Small Animal Department, a cohort of 5 full-time and 6 part-time vets orchestrates our endeavors. Anchored by a seasoned team of 7 RVNs and 1 SVN, alongside a group of affable non-clinical staff, our collective spirit fuels our progress.
- Eminence radiates through their CertAVP holder, a vet accomplished in both Medicine and ECC Certs, and another with a Medicine Cert. Alongside, vets are presently embarking on certification journeys in fields like Medicine, Exotics, and Cardiology.
- Their amazing team features visiting AP and RCVS Specialists across imaging, soft tissue, orthopedics, cardiology, and dermatology, ensuring a holistic approach to care.
Role: They are seeking a vet seasoned in experience, adept at navigating the realms of sole charge responsibilities, while being equally adept at flourishing within the camaraderie of their larger hospital team.
Duties: In this engaging role, you'll find yourself delving into the dynamic balance of sole charge consultations and operations at our branch, alongside the rewarding experiences at their main Hospital premises.
Hours: This role, a full-time proposition, warmly extends its arms to flexible work arrangements, understanding the significance of well-rounded lives. Ease into the confidence of leading sole charge consultations and standard surgeries, fortified by the presence of an ever-supportive backup.
Craft Your Schedule:
- Embrace a fulfilling 4-day work week, accompanied by a dedicated day off, as well as 2 in 5 Saturday mornings.
- You'll encounter a variety of shifts, either 8 am - 6 pm or 8.30 am - 7 pm at our hospital, or 9 am - 6.30 pm at a branch.
- Best of all? No more night shifts! As a Vets Now host practice, they ensure the night is a time for rest whilst maintaining top-notch care for your inpatients.
Skills/Exp: While an enthusiasm for further qualifications is prized, it's not a prerequisite. The upcoming relocation fuels our ambition to expand their offerings, kindling a fire of excitement for those eager to embark on this voyage. At the heart of their ethos lies a commitment to nurturing work-life equilibrium, endorsing breaks, brews, lunches, and punctual departures.
Salary: The salary is up to £65,000 p/a depending on experience.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1500 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via the Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -102023-29794
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details