Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Margate
Type: Small Animal
Location: Margate, Kent
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: They are well equipped with digital radiography and dental radiography, ultrasound, fully equipped laboratory for in-house analysis, and video endoscopy/bronchoscopy. They are surrounded by sandy beaches, with close links to ferries and the train for various destinations across Europe. They are also within a reasonable distance of London for City visits. They are active within their community and as such have built a loyal client base.
Team: Their friendly team is made up of 5.5 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Nurses, 7 support staff, and 2 cattery staff. They have certificate holders in Anaesthesia, Surgery, and 3 studying for certificates in Imaging, Ophthalmology, and Surgery. Therefore, they have ample experience to support specific interests you may have and encourage you to further your career in areas that interest and excite you.
Role: Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to join a fantastic team? Our client is looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join their team that can offer you something truly unique in return.
- The role will involve consulting and operating duties shared with 5 other Vets.
- They are fortunate enough to have a fantastic and knowledgeable team. Therefore, they are able to consider Vets with less post-qualifying experience to Vets with a wealth of post-qualification experience!
Hours: They offer a flexible approach to their new Vets' working hours, that being either full-time or part-time positions working within their opening hours of 8:00 am to 19:00 pm with 1:4 Saturday mornings and no OOH.
- They are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in routine ops and has some postgraduate experience in practice.
- However, they are lucky enough to have an experienced team who are invested in supporting and mentoring any further development their new Vet seeks.
- They would like someone with a positive can-do attitude, excellent bedside manner, and a true passion for what they do.
- They would also like someone who is a dedicated team player and will therefore fit in with their happy family-orientated team and maintain their excellent customer care.
Salary: The salary for the role is up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience (and hours) but they are open to negotiations for the right candidate
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -112022-27349
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details