Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - New Milton
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join the friendly team of small animal Vets who are driven to provide patients and clients with an exceptional level of care.
Role: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
Type: Small Animal
Location: New Milton, Hampshire
Practice: Part of a group
Team: The practice currently had 5 full-time Veterinary Surgeons, a strong team of 13 Nurses, 1 lab technician, 8 Receptionists, and 4 Office Staff. The Vets have various interests in the skin, Ophthalmic, medicine, surgery, and imaging and they have a visiting Cardiologist and Orthopaedic Surgeon. They offer a good work-life balance and certificate studies are supported and actively encouraged.
Facilities: They are a well-equipped practice with Digital X-ray, Dental X-ray, Ultrasound, K-Laser, In-house Lab with direct links to Idexx, Isolation Unit, separate dog and cat areas, Endoscopy, and Laparoscopy that prides itself on high standards of care.
Hours: This is a permanent part-time role, fully flexible over 2 days. The hours are from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm with no out-of-hours or evening work. The rota will also include working from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekends based on a shared rota.
Sole Charge: No
Branch Work: No
- Our clients are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon who:
- Has had previous experience in working in a busy environment or is possibly returning from maternity leave and is seeking a good work-life balance.
- Enjoys being a good general small animal vet who loves to build good client relations with a caring nature.
- Is friendly, enthusiastic, and a good team player.
- Post qualification experience.
- Is confident in consultations and basic surgery spays castrate and dentals.
- Who will fit in with the team and have an active part in moving the practice forward, along with providing a great client experience.
Salary: Up to £57,000 p/a for hours worked (DOE)The salary will be up to £57,000 pro-rata for
- 5 weeks annual holiday per year, bank holiday allowance pro-rata hours worked.
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
Ref: JN -062022-25592
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details