Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Northampton
Type: Small Animal
Practice Type: Part of a group
Facilities: The practice is a large building, and the large RCVS Tier 2 premises were recently refurbished. With comfortable staff areas (including a Nespresso coffee machine!), large, light, and airy consulting rooms, and large waiting areas - separate for cats and dogs. They are well stocked with brand-new digital x-ray and new dental x-ray, ultrasounds, endoscopes, and in-house labs enabling you to work up to cases to a high level. They have a large kennel area, a dedicated dental suite, and a large theatre with a multi-parameter machine.
Team: You will join the 4 other vets, 4 qualified RVNs, a student VN, a Veterinary Care Assistant, and dedicated reception staff, many of whom have been with the practice for years.
Role: They are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join the friendly, supportive, forward-thinking team. You will be caring, hard-working, and dedicated to providing the best care for your patients and clients as well as possess excellent communication skills. In return you will get plenty of support from a friendly and capable team, the opportunity to discuss cases, to learn, and to further develop your veterinary skills. They would love to hear from Veterinary Surgeons of all levels, whether you are newly qualified, or more experienced.
Hours: This opportunity is open to both full and part-time applicants, offering a flexible working approach. There are no OOH and only 1 in 3 Saturday mornings to ensure a great work-life balance.
Applicant Requirements: They are looking for a friendly and approachable person who works well within a team. As there may be a need to travel to another branch a short distance away, a driving license and own car would be beneficial. They would especially love to hear from those who have an interest in exotics and would support those who wanted to further develop skills in this area.
Salary: The salary is up to £75,000 DOE.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Up to £1250 CPD allowance with up to 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the Group Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – online encyclopaedia provider
- All Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
Ref: JN -072023-29148
Interested? Click on the apply button below and we will be in touch with further details